Gone are the days when wealthy women would disappear to their exclusive addresses for weeks to recover from expensive facial surgeries.
Scientists have since discovered that pulling skin tighter is not the ideal solution for the actual culprit, which is the loss of volume in underlying facial structures, such as soft tissue, fat, and bone.
Today’s cutting edge technologies offer multiple and complimentary solutions to prevent ageing and correct problems when they do occur.
- Sunscreen prevents skin damage from occurring by blocking the sun’s damaging rays. Creams, serums, and lotions moisturize and hydrate the skin, while retinols can improve its surface appearance.
- Facials remove skin impurities and further hydrate the skin, while peels cause the upper layer of the dermis to flake off, leaving new fresh skin exposed, thus minimizing the appearance of lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation.
- Neurotoxins such as Botox® immobilize the muscles in the forehead, smoothing creases along with the furrows between the brows.
- Dermal Fillers are successful in replacing lost volume in the cheeks, naso-labial folds ( smile lines), and marionette lines, that is, the lines extending from the mouth down to the chin.
- Laser treatments resurface the skin, minimizing sun damage and wrinkles, and stimulate the growth of collagen, producing a smoother more youthful appearance.
- Additionally, Kybella® and Coolsculpt Mini® are used to destroy fat cells at the jaw line, resulting in a sculpted contour.
- Tooth whitening, along with dental care, which minimizes tooth loss and preserves underlying bone structure, aids in presenting a younger look.
In conjunction with a proper diet, supplementation, and not smoking, these therapies can work wonders to maintain a youthful and refreshed appearance.
At Refine Medical Spa, Chicago’s alternative to plastic surgery, Doctor Bonnie Vulich will explain the most effective treatments to achieve your desired results.