A strong chiseled jawline is a sign of good health and youth in both men and women. However, as we age the loss of muscle tone and thinning skin gives the face a flabby or drooping appearance. Additionally, loss of bone mass in the jaw reduces the size of the lower face and makes the forehead, nose, and mouth more pronounced. Sagging jowls compound the problem and add years to our appearance.
What should we do to slow down ageing?
- Ultra violet rays from the sun are the primary cause of wrinkles, pigmentation, sun spots, reduced skin elasticity, and the degradation of skin texture. Limiting sun exposure or wearing a neckerchief and protecting the décolletage can help slow down the ageing process.
- Use sunscreen. The Sun Protection Factor or SPF measures how effectively the sunscreen formula limits skin exposure to UV-B rays that burn the skin. The higher the SPF the more protection the sunscreen will provide against UV-B rays. SPF does not measure UV-A, which penetrates the deeply into skin layers. For UV-A protection, it is advisable to use a product that has broad-spectrum protection.
- Facial exercises. Our face and neck contain muscles, just as our bodies do. There are people who claim facial exercises help tone and slow the ageing process – and others who believe the opposite. Some dermatologist say that overusing facial muscles will cause wrinkling, puckering and sagging. You must experiment to see what works for you.
- Facial Massage Japanese massage is all the rage, but will it make you look younger? It will help reduce tension in muscles and aid with lymphatic drainage but sun exposure, lifestyle and genetics play a greater role in the ageing process and massage cannot undo their effects on your skin.
Our genetic disposition is particularly problematic if we are predisposed to having a double chin.
What can be done to eliminate double chins?
CoolSculpt Mini is a non-invasive CoolSculpting treatment to reduce fat under the chin and contour the neck.
The CoolSculpting procedure safely delivers precisely controlled cooling to gently and effectively target the fat cells underneath the skin. Treated fat cells are frozen and then die. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving a more sculpted you.
– Does it hurt? No, you will just feel a gentle cooling sensation. There are no injections involved.
– Results: As soon as three weeks. Three months for full results.
– Downtime: No downtime is neccessary.
– How long will it last? The cells will be gone permanently. However, if you gain weight other fat cells in the area can increase in size.
After the fat loss has occurred, the area can be treated with Venus Legacy. Venus Legacy™ uses multi-polar radio frequency and pulsed magnetic fields that cause a thermal reaction in the tissue that stimulates the body’s natural healing response to naturally boost collagen production and break down fat cells, which tightens sagging skin.
Several sessions may be needed to achieve optimal results
Injecting Botox into the vertical neck bands causes the bands to become smoother. The bands are caused by the platysma muscle, which can stretch and droop with age. When this muscle contracts, it can cause vertical bands to form. Botox prevents the muscle from contracting, thereby smoothing the bands and the neck. The areas between the bands can also be treated with micro-injections of Botox to soften the neck further. In addition to improving the neck, the treatment helps define the jawline.
Results: One week
Pain: Topical Anesthetic will be applied before injections
Facial fillers, such as Juvederm, can lift the check bone area and resculpt the jawline by adding volume. Juvederm Voluma replaces bone and creates the impression a slimmer more defined jawline.
– Does it hurt? No, the site of the injection will be numbed with anesthetic
– How should I prepare – avoid alcohol
– How long to see results – immediately
– How long does it last? Up to two years
Additionally, Botox-injected into the masseter muscles can create a slimmer V shape in the lower face.
Who is it for?
- People who are looking for prevention and who are in the intermediate stages of ageing. Once the neck and jowls become too saggy and loose, surgery or thread lifting will be required to eliminate excess skin and tighten the problem areas.
- Millennials have embraced cosmetic procedures as preventatives to ageing and we are thrilled to welcome them to Refine Medical Spa.
- It’s for men too! Men, we know that you want to look your best as much as women do. In a competitive economy, when you are in danger of being fired or have trouble being rehired just when you are at your peak in terms of knowledge and performance, it makes sense to invest in your appearance. Judgements are made in mere seconds and the first impression you make is critical.
Who should do I choose to do my injections?
It is imperative that the doctor you chose to build up your jawline and relax your neckbands have a more than a knowledge of anatomy. They must have a good sense of aesthetics and knowledge of how to reconstruct your face to enhance your attractiveness. Dr. Bonnie Vulich has eighteen years experience as a top Chicagoland injector.
Your privacy is always assured.
Call Dr. Bonnie Vulich today for a complimentary consultation 312.867.0600